Monday, June 8, 2009

HAFB air show

Last Saturday Kyle and I decided to take the kids to the Hill Air Force Base air show. Chase, Kristi and Kyle's friend Rhett came too. It was quite entertaining. But it was a LONG, hot day. We left a couple hours early because there was no where to shade the kids and we'd all had it. These are just a couple of the cool videos and pictures I got.

Kyle was a Black Hawk crew chief when he was in the army. I couldn't believe how massive the blades were on this thing!

Kyah LOVES planes. She was pretty excited by it all!


Parachuters with the gorgeous mountains in the background.

They had a "mock war" with a WWII plane chasing the Japanese aircraft seen here. The black smoke is the fake bombs it was dropping on us. It was pretty corny! :)



Up close picture of the Heritage Flight, consisting of P-51 Mustang (leading) and F-16 and F-4 Phantom. I can't even begin to explain the gratitude I felt for all the men and women in the armed forces who have fought for my freedom as these three planes flew over us.

The videos I took were the coolest part, but some reason it's not letting me upload them! I'll try again later in another post!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun my boys would have loved being there how fun..seriously i have been meaning to call we need to do a girls night like with you me heather jessica chandy even you sister can come. I think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete